On September 29, Integrated Photonics for Automotive – PhotonDelta Roadmap Launch will take place during Photonics Applications Week.
The automotive industry is going through a rapid transformation, driven by electrification, autonomous vehicles, driver support systems, as well as changes in mobility patterns and city infrastructure. These trends will significantly influence the physical design and capability of vehicles as well as the broader social and economic impacts of changes to car/fleet use.
The increased need for sensors in vehicles, in the electric/hybrid drivetrains and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) up to autonomous driving systems, creates new significant opportunities for the integrated photonics industry.
PhotonDelta, an independent industry accelerator for the integrated photonics industry, has created a roadmap that provides an overview of the different trends in the automotive sector and list the opportunities for integrated photonics technology. The roadmap was created together with various stakeholders from the industry as well as integrated photonics companies and will be made available for download after the event.
The roadmap will be launched through an interactive virtual event on Wednesday September the 29th at 15:00 – 16:30 (CEST). Registration is mandatory, but free of charge. The event will be broadcasted live from the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Carlo van de Weijer – General Manager of AI Systems Institute at Eindhoven University of Technology (keynote & panelist)
- Carol de Vries – Program Manager at PhotonDelta (keynote & panelist)
- Kees Gehrels – Director Business Development at NXP (panelist)
- Bram Hendrix – Manager Smart Mobility at RAI Netherlands (panelist)
- Register your free virtual seat now: https://www.photondelta.com/events/integrated-photonics-for-automotive/
Below you can watch a video from last year’s edition of Photonic Integration Conference during Photonics Applications week about megatrends in the automotive and mobility sector.