PHAPPS Week is an umbrella event. We stimulate participants to host their own events and activities during the week of 5 October – 9 October 2019.
Join forces with Photonics Applications Week and get access to global professionals both from the applications verticals (such as Health Care | IoT & Autonomous Systems | IT & Telecom | Agri & Food | Manufacturing & Industry 4.0 | Military | Consumer Electronics & Lighting) and from the Photonics industry.
- Make use of the global marketing for this week, as your event is part of our international marketing campaign
- Profit from high-level visitor overflow from other events, taking place during PHAPPS Week.
Type of event you can host
You are free to organise an event under the PHAPPS Week Umbrella, but you have to submit your event for evaluation. You can think for instance about the following type of events:
- factory tour / application demo
- matchmaking meeting
- technical meeting
- photonics for dummie session
With the conviction that industries are constantly looking to solve problems for their customers / to improve their performance / to reduce costs / to become more sustainable one one hand and that the photonics industry can support/solve these goals on the other hand, the selection committee examines all the submissions based on the following criteria:
- The submission is related to one of the application fields and/or photonics related.
- The submission is innovative and/or contributes to existing ideas and helps the industry (either from one of the application areas or from the photonics industry).
- The submission is well-considered and thought out and ready for presentation.
The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between application areas, commerce, experts, photonics industry and /or knowledge institutes.
Costs of participation
Participants pay a contribution that depends on the event and the number of people (and/or events) that they register. This is exclusive of any other costs for the rental of locations and other production costs.
Participants who do not have a location of their own in which to hold their event will be offered an overview of guest locations after approval.
Deadlines for 2020 edition
01 November 2019
Open for submissions
31 August 2020, 23.59 hrs
Deadline for submissions
From 20 June 2020
Uploading text, images and information — important in connection with the incorporation in the public campaign, promotional channels and other publicity activities for PHAPPS Week
5 – 9 October 2020
Photonics Applications Week
If you want to host an event, please use this form.